Mindfulness for 7-11 year olds
Covid 19 Update: I am currently offering online mindfulness sessions until it is safe to meet in person. Please do get in touch if you have questions about how online sessions could work for your child.
The Paws.b mindfulness course was created by the Mindfulness in Schools Project. It is a course specifically designed to offer mindfulness for younger children.
The course consists of:
- 6 x 50 minute one to one sessions
- course handbook
- audio recordings of the mindfulness exercises
Each of the six sessions is accompanied by a PowerPoint presentation using striking visuals, film clips, animations and activities to enable your child to understand how mindfulness can help them to train their minds to concentrate better, make good choices and do their best.
The mindfulness exercises that your child will learn will give her/him simple, practical resources to use at home, in school and in life generally.
I also offer an abridged 4 session course when the time commitment of 6 sessions is not possible.
What are the benefits of mindfulness?
The course can help your child to:
- experience greater well-being (e.g. feel happier, calmer, more fulfilled)
- fulfill their potential and pursue their own goals
- improve their concentration and focus, in classes, in exams and tests, on the sports field, when playing games
- work with difficult mental states such anxious thoughts and low moods
- cope with the everyday stresses and strains of life such as exams, relationships, sleep problems, family issues.
“I’ve learnt how when I’m angry I can pause before I do something stupid”
(Yr 5 Student)
“I use mindfulness a lot to help me stay calm. I will 100% use the exercises every day”
(Yr 4 student)
“I know how to not worry so much now. I just do some finger breathing and then I feel okay again”
(Yr 6 student)
The Mindfulness in Schools Project has collected impact data from 2486 pupils and 113 teachers who have experienced the Paws.b course with the following outcomes:
- 100% of teachers reported Paws.b supported pupils with emotional ‘wobbles’
- 96% of teachers reported that pupils found Paws.b useful
- 98% of teachers would recommend Paws.b to colleagues
Find out more about how mindfulness could benefit your child. I’m very happy to talk with you in more detail about the one to one sessions I offer or mindfulness for children in general.