Mindfulness for 11-18 year olds
The .b mindfulness course was created by the Mindfulness in Schools Project. It is a course specifically designed to offer mindfulness for teenagers.
The course consists of:
- 5-8 x 50 minute one to one sessions
- course handbook
- audio recordings of the mindfulness exercises
Each of the eight sessions is accompanied by a PowerPoint presentation using striking visuals, film clips, animations and activities to enable your child to understand how mindfulness can help them to train their minds to concentrate better, make good choices and do their best.
The mindfulness exercises that your child will learn will give her/him simple, practical resources to use at home, in school and in life generally.
What are the benefits of mindfulness?
The course can help your child to:
- experience greater well-being (e.g. feel happier, calmer, more fulfilled)
- fulfill their potential and pursue their own goals
- improve their concentration and focus, in classes, in exams and tests, on the sports field, when playing games
- work with difficult mental states such anxious thoughts and low moods
- cope with the everyday stresses and strains of adolescent life such as exams, relationships, sleep problems, family issues
“Mindfulness helps me feel better”
(Yr 8 Student)
“I don’t get so angry so often now”
(Yr 10 student)
“Mindfulness helps me to stay calm before exams and important sports matches”
(Yr 12 student)
Find out more about how mindfulness could benefit your child. I’m very happy to talk with you in more detail about the one to one sessions I offer or mindfulness for children in general.
The Mindfulness in Schools Project has collected impact data from 2486 pupils and 113 teachers who have experienced the .b mindfulness course with the following outcomes:
- 95% of teachers reported that the .b course supported pupils with emotional ‘wobbles’
- 96% of teachers reported that pupils found the .b course useful
- 100% of teachers would recommend .b mindfulness to colleagues